Management of all kinds of projects, small, medium and large.
Project management is one of Airdesk's most versatile features. It aims to control any type of project. When using this feature, you can create:
Once there are entries made, Airdesk helps you to manage or respond to the following questions:
- 1.How many hours are included in the project?
- 2.How many tasks are left to complete the project?
- 3.When is the delivery date?
- 4.It's not possible to close a project while cases or tasks are still open. It will be necessary to close everything before concluding the project, so that the missing tasks are removed from the employees' schedules.
- 5.How many hours were released this month?
- 6.Has the project already exceeded the hours limit?
- 7.Why has this project exceeded 20 hours?
- 8.Among others.
In order to be able to manage projects with some accuracy, it's important that you fill out the contract fields presented in the table below:
View fields help to control the status of contracts. These fields are dynamic and based on the settings of each contract.
The field allows you to know the total number of dependencies so that they can be closed. In the example below, you can see that the respective contract has 4 complete dependencies out of 4.
The field allows you to view, within the defined period, which project has exceeded the desired hours. In the example below, you can see that in September contract hours were exceeded.
The field allows you to view extra contract hours. The arrow indicates whether they were before or after the contract.
In the example below, you can see that they were posted 10 hours and 32 minutes before the contract starting date, and1 hour after the contract ending date.
This field allows you to know in percentage, without having to calculate hours, the number of extra hours. In the example below, it's possible to verify that the contract exceeded 38% of the estimated.
The field allows you to know in percentage, without having to calculate hours, the number of hours slipped.